Nicci

Nicci - TWLIB Reviews

I might have a current fascination for M/M Romance, but I do read across genres, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, History, Contemporary, Murder Mysteries, Thrillers, and those other romance novels.

Double Full
Kindle Alexander
Progress: 25 %
The Children of Gavrilek (Volume 1)
Julie Kirton Chandler
Progress: 7 %

Special Forces (Special Forces, #1-3)

Special Forces (Special Forces, #1-3) - Aleksandr Voinov,  Marquesate,  Vashtan Special Forces is not your typical M/M Romance. Vadim and Dan is not your typical same sex couple. These men are trained as killers by the military. They are violent because they have to be to do service to their country of allegiance and to most importantly, to survive. They are your front line defense in protecting one’s country. Out of the act of violence and aggression, begins a story that goes from hate and revenge to discovery of love that develops over a long period of time. This is not an easy story. It does not justify its actions and events. It details the life of a 25-years relationship that begs you to think and ask questions. How do military men of specialized forces subjected to extraordinary acts of violence survive in peacetime? Are they capable of love, having families, having a normal job, and being neighborly? What are the affects on the lives of military men while on duty? What happens to them when they no longer serve their countries? The authors do an extraordinary job of answering these questions. They do not shy away from difficult issues. They do not glorify the military. They give us hope for Vadim and Dan, and a viewpoint that love is not always founded in roses and chocolates. Violent men have the capacity to love and they deserve love and all the aspirations that come with it.It's one of the best and the most engrossing love stories I've read in a long time. I simply love Special Forces. Note: This review refers to all three parts of Special Forces: Soldiers, Mercenaries, and Veterans.