Nicci

Nicci - TWLIB Reviews

I might have a current fascination for M/M Romance, but I do read across genres, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, History, Contemporary, Murder Mysteries, Thrillers, and those other romance novels.

Double Full
Kindle Alexander
Progress: 25 %
The Children of Gavrilek (Volume 1)
Julie Kirton Chandler
Progress: 7 %
Muscling Through - J.L. Merrow Originally posted at http://twlibreviews.comAuthor JL Merrow creates a delightful and charming story of two men who are as different as hot and cold.Al narrates the story in a vernacular common to his poor background and his less than stellar education. That interesting voice will have you laughing, smiling, and shaking your head. You see, Al isn’t the brightest person and his actions and thoughts will exemplify the point. Of course, he will be the first one to tell you so. This is why I love reading from Al’s point of view. His attitude is refreshing throughout the story. He goes through life one day at a time summing up details that may not make sense to the reader. He doesn’t always understand what people are saying to him. I think this is a blessing because Al really doesn’t suffer much from a lack of confidence. He concludes situations in a manner comfortable to him. Comprehensibility is not a friend of his. Larry is highly educated and a professor. He dresses rather well and according to Al, he is little and very pretty. While Al is scary in appearance, Larry is just the opposite. When Larry meets Al in a dark alleyway in a drunken haze, he is becomes petrified.“And his face was kind of delicate, and he was really little. Way shorter than me. Skinny too. I like them skinny. And he was looking at my cock. So I smiled at him, ’cause he was pretty, and then I zipped up and headed his way. Which was my way home, I mean. I wasn’t planning to make a pass or nothing, ’cause I could tell he was too posh for me. “Shit,” he said, and he started backing up like he was scared or something. “Ah, sorry. I didn’t mean to—” I wasn’t sure what he was on about, so I smiled again. He looked like he was about to piss himself, and I didn’t like it, you know? It’s not right, people being scared like that. “You look like you’re about to piss yourself,” I told him when I got close.“Shit,” he said again, and he sort of leaned against the wall and closed his eyes like he wasn’t feeling well, so I stopped and leaned over him. “You should let me take you home,” I said, ’cause I was worried he might not make it on his own. “Nice-looking bloke like you, stuff could happen. You meet all sorts on these streets. I saw a bloke getting the crap beat out of him last week just a couple of streets from here...It is wonderful seeing life from Al’s perspective and seeing Larry captivated by Al. The story isn’t all peaches and cream. There are misunderstandings. There are associates and family members who do not approve of them as a couple. Overall, this is a fast-paced story.