Nicci

Nicci - TWLIB Reviews

I might have a current fascination for M/M Romance, but I do read across genres, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, History, Contemporary, Murder Mysteries, Thrillers, and those other romance novels.

Double Full
Kindle Alexander
Progress: 25 %
The Children of Gavrilek (Volume 1)
Julie Kirton Chandler
Progress: 7 %
One Real Thing - Anah Crow, Dianne Fox I think we need 1/2 stars as part of the rating system.My rating: 3.5I love the ideal of friendship to love. A good example is Faith and Fidelity by Tere Michaels. This was a good read but I didn't feel fully invested in Nick's characterization. What was his motivations for making the choices he made ten years ago. Why did he marry Caroline? Why did Nick give up on his dream to become a writer? Who is Nick? He obviously had deep feelings for Holly. Was it because Nick wasn't gay? I can speculate and come up with my own answers. I don't want to guess. I want the author to provide the details. Holly's characterization was more fully realized. Maybe I'll have to re-read this story again.There were problems with awkward sentence structure. Holly had once had a phone an entire year, and when he got a new one from his father for Christmas-probably chosen by Emile-there wasn't a single number to transfer.This sentence threw me out of the story. I had to re-read to totally get that Holly did not store phone numbers in his cell phone.One Real Thing is my first Anah Crow book. I may not have rated the book as highly as I would love to, but this will not discourage me from reading other books by this author.